We help organisations to change the way they work. We are a small dynamic team and ambitious to grow, and we need people to help us!
We need someone to join our team to help our clients be better at making change happen.
We are always on the look out for new members of staff who share our passion for public sector.
If you'd like to move into consultancy to get more variety and be part of a great team of like-minded people we'd love to hear from you!
Trueman Change are a management consultancy who help public sector organisations to change the way they work. We are passionate about improving public services and our values-based approach and high-quality portfolio of case studies has built our reputation as a trusted change management consultancy that organisations enjoy working with. We are a small dynamic team, located all over the UK and we work from home, so there is no day-to-day stress of having to travel to work.
Because we are outcomes driven, we adopt a flexible hour’s approach, which enables us to work around other commitments and create a good work-life balance. We work at pace, and are ambitious to grow, and are looking for someone hungry and driven to join us! Is this you?
Lots of organisations are having to lead significant change as a result of COVID-19, and need our help structuring their projects and assessing their overall ability to do change well.
We need someone to join our team to help our clients keep the wheels moving. If successful you will be working with our Project Managers and Consultants to bring some structure and project management methodology to our clients. You’ll produce project management documents, help us to provide good governance, and just make sure things keep moving by booking meetings and generally coordinating tasks.
We’re a small business, so this job is a bit jack of all trades, some project management, some change management and lots of keeping organised! It is great opportunity to shape your career and develop your current skills. You’ll also have the chance to support our growth by helping to grow our network and working on bids for new work.
The 100 Day Challenge
At Trueman Change, our recruitment process is a little different. There’s no stuffy, boring application process, instead we like to lay down a challenge for you to respond to! There is no one approach to do this so, have fun and use the 100-day challenge to showcase your skills and knowledge.
Imagine we have a client who is a local authority with approximately 500 staff. They have had to respond to COVID by becoming completely remote working, and now they are working through some options for how they might change how they work longer term. They are under financial pressures, with several million pounds to find in savings. They have got plenty of ideas, but have very little project management capacity, which is what we are helping them with. We also need to understand the morale of their workforce, and get a feel for how ready for change they are. Their ideas are around closing offices, stopping statutory services and creating some shared services. You will be working with the Project Manager, whose job it is to turn all these ideas into a programme of work. We’re a Microsoft based organisation so you’ll need to be comfortable using Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
In your first 100 days at Trueman Change we would want to see:
- Great working relationships with both our Project Manager and the client, and a good understanding of the work they are doing
- Good project governance in place, with meetings scheduled, actions/decisions tracked
- Identified further opportunities of savings/improvement for the council with evidence as to why they are a good idea
- A grip on what meetings are taking place when, what actions are outstanding and what documents need to be created
- Some of your thoughts about how we can help the client
As part of your application we’d like you to tell us how you would meet this challenge in line with our company values below. You can tell us how you will do this in whatever format you think works for your client, for you and for us. To give you a guide, in the past we've had presentation slides, short videos, reports and project plans.
Our Dream Person
We are driven by our values. Yeah, lots of companies say that, but we really are! So we’re looking for people who share the same values as us. When recruiting, we ask “do we share values” before we ask “do you have the skills we need”.
Our values are:
- Get it done – no time for procrastination here, we commit to action and we deliver!
- Get it right – our work has integrity, we don’t fluff it, we can stand by what we do.
- Make it better – we specialise in change, so we are always, always striving to make things better and make a difference.
- Make friends – our success so far is down to our ability to make friends and build trust. We act with our client’s best interests at heart, and proactively grow our network constantly.
- Be your best – our most important value. We strive to grow, learn and develop all the time, it’s a hunger within us. Members of the Trueman Change team take responsibility for their own development and bring their best to the table.
We are based in Blackburn, but we are a completely flexible organisation. Work is about achieving outcomes not clock watching. It’s a set of goals not a place. So we are open to applications full time, part time, self-employed, flexible working - you name it we’ll consider it. Just tell us how you’d meet the 100 day challenge and make us an offer!
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 Full Time (depending on experience)
Perks: We have a company pension scheme with the People’s Pension, we offer flexible working and training and development opportunities. All staff get 30 days leave per year excluding bank holidays plus an extra day for World Book Day.
Who this might appeal to
We’re open to applicants from any background, with a mix of experience. This job might appeal to:
- Ambitious graduates seeking a role in a fast-paced environment where they can grow and develop
- People with experience of working in administration/offices where they’ve had to juggle lots of tasks but want to get involved in project management
- Those interested in project management or business analysis
- People passionate about the public sector
- Super organised to a fanatical level – there’s lots to do and we need your help in keeping on track.
How to Apply
What we want to know is, do you share our values and can you meet the challenge? So if you’re excited reading this, then send us your CV and your 100 Day Challenge/Trueman Change Values response. Following that we’ll select the best responses and have a more detailed conversation.
Closing date: Tuesday 19th July 2022 at 5pm.
Interviews to be held on: Thursday 28th July 2022 via Microsoft Teams.
Applications can be emailed directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Applications submitted without the 100 Day Challenge will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!